Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Diaper deal

I have decided to cloth diaper my foster children not only to save me money in the long run but also because I am thinking of my carbon footprint on the world and I want to do my part.  Another reason to cloth diaper is because of how cute they are.....hello, have you seen the cloth diapers you can get??  I am going to write a post about cloth diapering another day but this post is about why I still have to buy regular diapers and the deal I got last night!!

I have been thinking about the use of cloth diapers and visits with bios.  Will the bios support the cloth diaper decision and will they be okay with changing cloth diapers during visits?  I don't want to the bios throwing away a cloth diaper (they are not cheap!!!) so I have decided that I am going to have disposable diapers to use during visits with bios.  I had not planned on buying any diapers till I have a baby in the house and know what size diapers I need....until yesterday!!

I was on facebook yesterday and saw that there were a few people posting about the great diaper deal they got with Pampers diapers.  I didn't really think much of it until a friend of mine posted the details.  Dollar General had a sale where they were offering any size package of Pampers diapers for $9.  In the ad it specifically states that it is any count and any size.  Well, a bunch of mama's went to Walmart and Target because they price match.  I had just been at Target yesterday and saw that they had a Pampers deal that if you buy two boxes of diapers for $24.95 each, they give you a $15 Target gift card.  Well I called my Target store and asked if they would price match and they said yes.  Then I get to the store and they agreed to let me buy 4 boxes of diapers so I could get two of the gift cards.  I spent $9 each on four boxes of diapers and paid $36.36.  Then I got $30 in Target gift cards!!  Total, I paid $1.59 each box of diapers!!!  That's a deal I couldn't pass up!!!  


I decided to buy the diapers in sizes 2 and 3 and figured if I need different sizes, I can just exchange them.  

Now I am all set on diapers for the baby for the whole time the baby is in diapers.....or the whole time a few babies are with me!!!  432 diapers and about 50 cloth diapers.....yeah, I'm all set :)

So you use cloth or disposables on your foster children?  Why or why not?  How did the bios react?

2 comments:

Edda Soffía said...

Þú ert ekkert venjuleg ástin mín ;-) good job.

Handmade and off-centered said...

The best of the best deal makers here! I am still in awe that this is legal haha Great job!

Oh and by the way, 50 cloth diapers! So so very jealous.

xoxo
Birgitta