Sunday, February 16, 2014

Home Study one.....check

The first of three home studies is now completed.  The Home Study was supposed to start at 11 and of course that didn't happen.  I was so nervous and having to wait was making everything that much harder.  I got a phone call...on my house phone, which I never use at about 11:30.  I didn't even realize that I had given my house number because it is never used....the only person that uses it is my youngest son.  The woman said she was just leaving the current place and would be here between 12 and 12:30. I got the best advice ever after that from someone really close to me and he said to take this moment as if I was getting a chance to showcase my parenting and my home.  This woman can not come into my home and tell me my worth.  Being told this was what I needed to hear and I was so thankful.

I decided to get on Skype and talk to my sister to try to make the time go by faster and also so I wouldn't be freaking out here at home.  The lady came in at about 12:15 and she was soooo sweet!!  I have met her before but now I got some one on one time with her and she put me at ease.  She told me the first meeting was the shortest one and it would last about 30-40 min and then the second one would be with my boys and would last about an hour and the last one was going to be with me and would probably be about an hour too.

She looked at my home and told me what needed to be done which was to put child safety locks on the kitchen cabinet with my household cleaners and a lock on the bathroom cabinet so I can store my laundry detergent there.  She said I wasn't allowed to have candles in the house and she told me to use wax warmers instead.

The one thing I was sure she would mention was the crib being too close to my bed and guess what??  She didn't even mention it at all!!!  She didn't have anything negative to say about my home at all and she said she was here to help me become the best foster parent I could be.  She asked me if I had any questions and I told her that I didn't and asked her if that was a bad thing?  She said it wasn't and she also mentioned that she was there for my first night of PRIDE training and she knew I was the one asking all the questions lol  She left me her card and told me to call if I had any questions or concerns.  I have to go in for my CPI training tomorrow night and I am going to ask one thing then, I want to know when she is planning on coming out here next and how long she thinks it will take before she finishes her three home studies and I get licensed.  She told me it could be 4 days after licensing or 3 months before I get a child but I already knew this.

I feel so much better now that the first home study is done.  Now to keep my house in perfect, pristine condition till we can get this all done!!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!


Handmade and off-centered said...

So glad that everything went well. Of course it did :) How exciting this whole process is, at least for me to view from afar. Im sure its nerve racking but I agree with that great advice and I am going to take it as well and run with it lol :)

My weekend was great and hope yours was too.

Edda Soffía said...

Love u